Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Doesn't Work for Me Wednesday



I'm having a bit of a giggle at Shannon's "doesn't work for me" list over at Rocks in My Dryer and thought I'd add a quick "doesn't work for me" post too.


I think the biggest thing that doesn't work for me is: Wearing a Watch!


I know weird but when I first moved to Sydney I found that because suddenly about 90% of my life revolved around getting to a scheduled event I was constantly checking my watch to see what the time was and see how many nano-seconds til I had to be at such and such. I found that doing this raised my stress levels through the ROOF! And I had this almost constant knot in my gut because I could see that I'd underestimated my getting ready time and I'd have to run to make the train or whatever.


So, I ditched the watch.


I always know approximately what the time is. I always have my mobile phone or iPod within reach to check the time but in reality I've learned that being 5 minutes late is not bad. It's ok. In fact it's better to get their safely and not out of breath than it is to kill one's self to be there on time. And my stomach has slowly un-knotted. It's the only way I've been able to maintain my semi-flexible routine, live in Sydney and retain my sanity.


So, there you have it, wearing a watch DOESN'T work for me. For more "doesn't work for me" posts head over to Rocks in My Dryer.

No comments: