Monday, September 28, 2009

Little Luxuries

Tonight I sat and watched my 3 year old fall asleep. It's one of those little luxuries a parent can indulge in sometimes. Usually when it's bedtime that means one of two things either 1) Yay, computer time! or 2) Clean up the house time. Tonight I chose neither. Shelby asked me to play with her hair so I did and it was precious to watch her body relax, her eyes close and her body surrender to the much needed sleep. There is something relaxing about watching someone else fully relax like that. Sounds weird but trust me if you're a parent or ever become one you'll know what I mean. :) These are what memories are made of.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

mmmm, i know what you are talking about - maisie has been having her day sleeps in my bed in the last week or so and i just lay there and watch her fall asleep. the way that their little eyes dont close until the very last second and then they are totally asleep. such a beautiful thing to experience...