Thursday, October 16, 2008

WFMW: Simple Toddler Dress-ups


Dress ups! Toddler style! 

Dress ups is a term that evokes pictures of little girls in tu-tus and little boys in superman capes. All of which I envision having in my home one day. 

However, at this point in time I'd like to encourage dressing up and Shelby does like to try on things for sure. I'm happy to help and be an active participant in dressing up but I also want to encourage independent play as much as possible. To that end I've ensured that pretty much everything that goes into her dress up basket (behind her in the photo) is something she can put on by herself. So, far that's been lots of hats, scarves, bags, glasses frames, necklaces, wands etc. The only thing that she requires my help to put on with are her fairy wings which were a birthday gift. In the months and years ahead I can see dresses, shirts, skirts, shorts, and more making their way into our dress up box/basket/drawer/whatever sized recepticle we may need but for now easy, accessorizing dress-ups works for us! For more works-for-me-wednesday ideas visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't this age so much fun? She looks adorable! A dress up box is a brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute, Cute.....Great Post!

I love your blog. Nice Job!

I would love for you to come and visit me and see the benefits of using an MP3 player for storytime for children.

See you there!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/