Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WFMW: Toddler Pops!

Hot summer afternoons spent outside enjoying a cold, dripping icy-pole! Hmmm....sounds like heaven on a paddle-pop stick!


Well, recently I have introduced Shelby to this phenomena. And she LOVES them too! I like to make healthy versions of these at home using my icy-pole moulds.


However, I found that Shelby was having trouble holding onto the small stick end and there was a little bit too much icy-pole for her....so I had a think about it and came up with this solution...

Toddler Pops! (as you can see they are quite popular!)




I bought some paddle-pop sticks at the local newsagent and when I made my last batch of Mango & Coconut Icypoles I poured some of the mixture into an ice-cube tray, covered the tray with foil and stuck the paddlepop sticks into each cube. Voila'! Shelby can hold the paddle-pop stick easily and there isn't an overwhelming amount of icy-pole to eat! :)

Now that works for me and Shelby! Want to get other ideas? Head over to Shannon's for more Works-for-Me-Wednesday ideas!

5 comments:

cafedave said...

cool!
Am I missing something? I would have thought that the paddle pop sticks would fall down when you're trying to freeze the ice cube tray...

tonsofsons said...

Great idea! But, it is too cold for popsicles!!!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Rachel said...

cafedave-that's why I put a layer of foil over the top of the tray BEFORE I push the sticks in. The foil holds the sticks up while the cubes freeze. I took the foil off when I gave Shelby her first icy-pole.

tonsofsons-yes I can imagine it is too cold in the northern hemisphere but down here in Australia it is well on it's way to the hot heat of summer. :)

Grace said...

Hi
Great Idea! Hw did you think of it?

Rachel said...

Grace--I'm not sure!! It just came as an idea. Perhaps I saw someone else do it once upon a time! Not sure!